About Me

My photo
United States
We are a very busy family. I'm a military wife to a wonderful husband. Our 3 boys keep us on our toes. Our oldest is a pre-teen.. Yikes! Our middle son can be terror on wheels one second then wanting to cuddle the next, and the baby, well time will tell with him. Enjoy, laugh, cry, and join our family in the attempt to keep up with everything without totally losing it :)

Monday, July 4, 2011

It's not up to me, it's up to my baby!

I recently read this article in American Baby Magazine. Really, 6 months?!! Come on! It is articles like these that makes moms not even want to try to breastfeed, to not even put in the effort. "At some point, though, you'll be ready to stop", the article said. I don't believe it's up to you. It's up to your baby! If he/she is ready at 6 months than great, but are you gonna sit there and tell me that when my baby is 6 months I have to stop nursing? I DON'T THINK SO! There is such a stigma these days when it comes to breasts. So many people don't see them as what they are really intended for but as a sexual thing. This seriously needs to change! Going to the park, the mall, or wherever I go, and my baby gets hungry, I'm going to feed him. I just can't understand why people get so offended, especially when I'm not showing anymore skin than someone wearing a low cut blouse. You wouldn't be offended if it was the bottle, would you. So what's the difference? I understand that the AAP recommends that you breastfeed for at least 6 months, but they DO NOT tell you to stop/wean then. This article is. I got really offended by this and just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment